Sunday, August 7, 2011

From Friday to Sunday

Beth came over Friday and I took some new pictures of the wounds.  The front is now considered completely healed =)  The two sides are coming really close to healing, too!! 

^^^This is a picture of my right side... this is the side that was not operated on but hasn't closed since the original surgery in May =(

^^^This is a picture of the front, center wound =)  completely closed as of Friday, August 5.

On Friday (Aug 5), I decided to get out of the house and do something with the kids and Mark since he had the day off.  After Beth left, we drove over to St. Louis to the Museum of Transportation and had such an amazing day with our kids =)  I felt really good all day and wasn't sore except towards the end of the day.  It was SOOOO nice to get out and do something and kind of forget for a second what I'm going through. 
Last night my little sister had her graduation party for earning her Bachelor's Degree.  She's pre-med and planning on getting her master's and then eventually her PhD.  I'm very proud of her!!  Not sure what her exact career goal is, but as of now, she's doing a phenomenal job in school =)  We went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant and I totally pigged out ;)  It'd been awhile since I had gone out to eat and had some awesome food so I don't really feel guilty. 

Anyway................. here are the pictures from today =)  AMAZING what a couple of days in the healing department can do ;)

^^^This is my right side... so close to healing!

Sorry, but photobucket won't allow the other pictures ?! Not sure why because they're just like the thousand other ones I've posted but whatever.... anyway....

I cannot WAIT to be completely healed and able to live normally again!!  Since my husband had off on Friday, I suggested we take a long road trip to the ocean (about 12 hour drive) and just relax on the beach, build sand castles, have a picnic, etc.  But.... he was the voice of reason and said it would be a really bad idea for me to have a problem and be down in Georgia at some E.R.  Ugh.... soon I will be able to just do whatever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment