Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oz

I've been watching this show on my Netflix called Oz... it's about the Oswald Correction Facility and covers the lives of inmates.  The first couple episodes are hard to get in to but I was told to stick with it because I'd really like it.  I'm in season 2 now and I love, love, LOVE it =)  Last night, my husband and I watched two episodes after the kids went to bed and a great point was made.  The narrator was talking about how he had been abused as a child and how that had affected his life.  He then stated that he didn't understand why he took the perceptions of a child and made them his current reality.  At the age of 8 or 10 or 12, you're not mature enough to assess a situation correctly.  Therefore, if you continue to harbor these feelings of betrayal, anger or sadness over something that was done to you at a young age, then you could actually be dramatizing a situation that today would not affect you at all.  Some food for thought =)

Last night I went in to Dr. Camp's so they could scrape the wound for a culture.  I am down to one wound now, the left hip, and I'm hoping that I can kick this infection soon and heal up!  It's high time!  I feel like my "cabin fever" is gone and I don't mind staying at home for a few more weeks if it means I will be healed.  Before, I was feeling so well I thought I could handle an outing... but that's proving to be wrong =/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment