Monday, August 22, 2011

update! 14 & 1/2 weeks out from surgery =)

I've been trying to stay pretty busy now that I've been discharged from my home nurse and can actually leave.  I figure I have a lot of summer fun to make up for!!!
22nd Annual Balloon Fest in Centralia, IL  8.19.11
Anna & Mark eating funnel cake and drinking strawberry shake-ups =)
 Perry County Fair 8.20.11 Tractor pull show
(left to right) My little brother-in-law Matt, my son Mark and my daughter Anna
Matt & Mark, best little buddies!!!


Before we went to the Perry County Fair, I went to my grandparent's house to help my mom and brother clean up the yard. My husband watched the kids while we worked.  I ended up getting some poison ivy =/  overall it was fun to help out and brought back some really good memories of helping my grandparents many years ago.

My grandmother died last October and it's been pretty hard on me because she's the first person close to me that has passed.  I guess you could say I'm lucky... but I didn't realize how hard it is and maybe if I'd been through it before, I could handle it better.  I miss her a lot.  We were pretty close to her and grandpa growing up because we all lived in the same town.  I took a lot of vacations with them and spent my summers there swimming in their pool.  My grandpa taught me to swim in that pool.  He taught me how to play table pool in his basement.  Grandma taught me how to make award winning spaghetti in that kitchen ;)  I would go over to their house every day after school when I was in gradeschool and watch Jeopardy with them. Now grandpa is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and living in a nursing facility.  It's more like an assisted living center than a nursing home but it is still sad.  He can't do much on his own anymore and he always confuses me with a nurse that works there.  

Anyway... here are some updated pictures of my wounds...
Amazing how fast the size of this left wound is changing!  I took this picture a couple of days ago and it's probably half that size now =)
Right side is completely closed and scabbed over still (thank God!!)
As I said a post or two back, I was sent Actipatches to aid with the healing.  I wore them up until yesterday and I think they helped significantly.  Thanks again for sending them, Tracie!  

I had planned on doing a 5k Fun Walk on Saturday night but we ended up doing the fair.  Now that I am so close to being healed, I'd really like to get into some jogging/running.  I can't start the gym again until Sept 6 according to Dr. Camp and I don't want to rush anything and end up screwing my recovery but I'm itching to get out!!  
I have an appointment with Dr. Camp on the 24th (Wednesday), but I might need to reschedule because of the poison ivy =/  Overall, though, I am more positive than ever!  I'm looking forward to getting back in shape and toning up!





No comments:

Post a Comment