Friday, April 8, 2011

34 days until surgery =)

Some people completely support my decision to have cosmetic surgery done, while others are negative and tell me that I don't need it, I'm already beautiful, it's a waste of money, blah blah blah.  Honestly, my mind is made up and I'm getting the surgery.  It wasn't a decision that came over night.  I have thought about the pro's and con's of surgery for years.  It's going to happen!

Got on the scale today and weigh 140.2, almost to the 130's!  I want to lose as much weight as possible prior to surgery.  Working out 6 days a week isn't easy but I think that if I'm well toned and have lost any possible fat, I will be more prepared for surgery.

Call me a worry-wort, but I'm frustrated that there is not more information about preparation for body lift surgery online.  I found this site: http://www.tuckthattummy.com/consultation_info/prepare_home_print.htm and I guess a tummy tuck is close enough to a body lift but I feel there is more I should be doing to get my body ready for this.  I guess my doctor will give me instructions at my next appointment, which is on April 25. 

(taken 4.7.11)

If I ever feel that surgery was not worth it, I'll look back on these "before" pictures and remind myself just how bad it really was.  140 additional pounds of fat used to be held by this skin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment