Monday, April 18, 2011

Party time!

I am in recovery from a bachelorette party that took place this weekend ;-)  My best friend in the whole world is getting married April 30 and we rented her a bus to take us to the Landing in St. Louis, and then back to some of our hometown bars.  Quite the experience.... tequila is hard to recover from! 


Me and the BRIDE, beginning of the night... April 16, 2011
(27 days prior to surgery)


Yes... this is a stripper pole on a bus lol

Proud to say I'm not wearing any restrictive under garmets in these pictures and my stomach doesn't look too bad =)  My arms, however, little rough but I'm not going to worry about them when I'm getting 18k done in surgery to fix my stomach and chest.  I really like that my muscle definition is starting to show in my back and shoulder area, though!  I've never "toned up" like this before and I'm very pleased with the results.  6 days a week of working out has really paid off!!! 

My workout:  I run 2-2.5 miles to begin (avg. speed 6.7mph) and then I rotate muscle groups.... Monday and Thursday I work chest and triceps, Tuesday and Friday- legs and butt, Wednesday and Saturday- back and biceps.  After about an hour of strength, I do maybe 10 minutes of abs (100 reg., 60 cradle, 40 side, 30 bicycle).  At the end of each workout, I head down to the locker room and shake up a Jillian Michael's protein shake.  100 calories and TONS of protein =)

25 days until THE day =)  I've been researching stories on belt lipectomy's and abdominoplasty procedures that people have posted and one I stumbled upon was written by a man that posted about every 3rd day and was very informative of his recovery.  I'm starting to feel more comfortable with getting this done and with talking to people about it.  He said in his blog that the best thing you can do to prepare for this surgery is to be healthy and in shape.  He also had no muscle tightening or liposuction and his recovery was pain & problem free =D

4 comments:

  1. I am proud to say I am Ginger's mom-n-law and she is like a daughter in my books. I am so proud of this girl. She has worked so hard and did this with no easy gimmicks, no starvation, no quick fixes, no surgery....just plain HARD WORK. I can understand how Ginger feels because I have been overweight since age 12. I am 44 years old and have decided to finally want to do something about it after all these years. Ginger is my hero. She has given me hope and I know it is possible. Ginger is a good mom and works hard and has always had a hard time ''accepting'' and knowing she really is beautiful. I hope after this surgery she can finally look in the mirror and see how beautiful she is. I cant imagine doing what Ginger has done but I am on the road to the long journey and its one step at a time. This truely is a success story, truely hard work for Ginger, long hours and ups and downs. I feel God has blessed me knowing her and He has definately blessed her and He has answered yet another one of my prayers :) Remember Ginger, you are and always will be beautiful! You're my hero and LQQK OUT WORLD, HERE SHE COMES!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support and love mom! I can't tell you how much it means that you are here, keeping up with me and staying positive when I share my doubts =) I am so lucky to have met such a wonderful man with the most amazing family in the world! I know you're going through what I did a few years back and it's hard but I know you can do it!!! Keep your head up =) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger that made me cry, you finally said mom. Thank you :) Ginger I love you and I will support you and you will get through this!! This is all going to be done and over and summer is here, girl you are going to be so happy!! I had mine done at same time! Weird,,,eh? ;) You are my hero and you are leading me to do another hard journey in my life. God has blessed me crossing paths with you my dear. I love you and I am your cheer leaders all rolled up in one BIG BALL. HAHAHA
    You gooooooo girl!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mommy makeover surgery is a combination of cosmetic procedures that is designed to improve the body shape and feel youthful after pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete