Friday, July 15, 2011

9 weeks post op

My appointment with Dr. Camp went well on the 13th.  She said the wounds looked good (minus this bubbling, blister thing they were doing) and that I am healing faster than she imagined.  I told her that I had started taking acidolphillus to balance my good bacteria levels and she was pleased with that.  She told me Beth is doing a great job taking care of the wounds and all was well =)  FIRST good news in a long time!

The aformentioned blister thing going on inside the wounds was another ordeal.  Dr. Camp said that she would need to spread silver nitrate over the areas and she took these q-tip stick looking things and put on this silver/black chemical that instantly turned into a foamy white.  It was painful but manageable.  She explained that there would be brownish/black drainage for the next couple of days.... gag!  My tollerance level of grossness has been surpassed several times in the last few days!!

So, now I'm almost 5 weeks out from surgery... taking a multivitamin supplement, 500mg vitamin C, 50mg zinc, levaquin, bactrim, ibuprofen or percocet, and acidolphillus.... I'm also drinking a protein shake and eating tons of vegetables, fruits and lean protein.  Getting plenty of rest, too =)  I believe I'm doing everything in my power to heal as quickly and efficiently as possible so the remainder of the work I'm handing over to God, because I'm spent and could use some answered prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment