Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Appalling to say the least....

"Dear Ginger....

You looked wonderful before, you did not need the surgery..... You have two beautiful wonderful kids.... they could have not had their mom. The surgery to look better is not worth it.... Let me tell you dear no matter what surgery we may have, one day we will ALL have sagging skin, breast that may hit the floor... can't take our looks with us, so why not enjoy life for what it is. I have this special poem... about kids just wanting us to spend time with them... kids are born into this world without a thought of judgment. They learn it for {sic} us and the people around them..... This is all that really matters... Just being there for our children."


PLEASE.... walk in my shoes and THEN write me this.  I have struggled with my weight and appearance my ENTIRE life.  I have been abused mentally and physically.  I took action and lost the weight and DID SOMETHING FOR MYSELF!!!  How dare I? you may ask, well HOW DARE YOU!!!  I have been fighting recovery for over 7 weeks because of a surgery millions of women get every year.... and NO, I never thought it would be ME to get an infection.... and I never thought it would be ME that would receive a letter portraying me as a bad parent because I chose to have a cosmetic surgery.  Ugh! The nerve of some people! 

This is a letter received from someone I do not know.... and obviously, do not wish to.  To everyone that has been there to support me through this and show genuine love and care, THANK YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Not everyone supports plastic surgery, don't let this get to you..... I am assuming this mystery writer meant well, but these are not words or comfort, they are tainted with insult. Toss the letter in the trash and enjoy your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger,
    I think I am finally technically enabled to post on your blog now. Tons of frustrating roundabouts in this site. Anyhow, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. My highest weight was 248 and now weight around 147, so I definitely do understand the contempt for that skin which will never repair itself or diseapper no matter how muuch you exercise. You deserved to fix what was broken. Ihad surgery on Wednesday and so far ac doing ok. Ive been following your blog since the first posting after your surgery. Try to ignore negative "demotivational" comments like that. Honestly in my experience, people who respond like that are just projecting their own insecurities on to someone who is actually taking action to fix the problem. I purposely have not told a few people because I know their body issues are far too deep for them to be supportive of me. I did get a response like yours last night but frankly I'm not worried about it because truth be known she's batsh!t anyways!! :-) Keep on keepin on Ginger, it's got to get better soon.

    ReplyDelete