Sunday, July 24, 2011

Running to ease the pain

I have found a place to lay my stress, anger and depression... and it's on the asphault =)  I am now serious about starting a marathon challenge:  run a marathon in all 50 states (plus D.C.)!!!  So, though I must sound crazy, I'm only half crazy because these will probably all be half marathons LOL 

I am going to talk to Dr. Camp about it and see when I can start training.  There is a half marathon in Illinois coming up and I really want to be prepared for it but I have no idea if I'll be ready in time.  13.1 miles is a lot of miles and though I was running 2-3 miles easily before I had surgery, I've lost a lot of muscle in the past few weeks. 

At any rate, this goal is keeping my mind off how bad my life sucks right now so that's got to be a plus, eh?

Here are pictures from 6 weeks after the removal of the abscess....





After the Illinois marathon, which is on September 24, I plan on running the Rock 'n Roll half marathon in St. Louis on October 23.  There are 2 marathons in November (Kentucky and Indiana) and then I'm debating on doing a New Year's Eve run... thinking the husband won't be a big fan of that =/  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are healing up nicely! I think your marathon goal is fabulous! Even if you don't get cleared for September, I am sure you can accomplish your goal if you set your mind to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing https://www.surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/mommy-makeover/

    ReplyDelete