Wednesday, July 27, 2011

almost 11 weeks post op

I am finally starting to feel alive again.... I have been taking the kids in my double stroller and going for a mile walk each day.  The heat here in Southern Illinois is excruciating but I try to do a morning walk so it's not as intense.  I can't wait until I'm allowed to RUN again!  I want to beat the pavement with my adidas sneakers =)

I don't take pictures as often because the healing is going pretty slow here lately, but I did take some this morning:


I've been working on my tan a little bit =)  We bought my son a pool for his birthday and while he swims, I lay out in the sun.  Not the best thing for my skin, I know, but I really like the outside time and there's not much else I can do.


The spot bandaged underneath is where the tape ripped my skin and it started bleeding pretty bad =/


This one has come a LONG way... I can't believe it's only taken about 6 and a half weeks for this to almost be healed!  Remember... this is the first picture of it, a day after surgery:


Crazy what our bodies can achieve with the right diet and rest!


Here, you can see the right hip sore that is stubborn and will not go away, even after trying the hydrocolloid, collagen and tefla. blahhhhh


This is the right wound again- where I pulled the 4 inch stitch from about a week ago.  It looks promising but looks are definitely deceiving on this little guy because it has only gotten worse in the last 10 weeks =/

Today is my appointment with Dr. Camp.  I am going to talk to her about some light jogging/slow running and see if she thinks I'm ready for it.  I'd also like to get out of the house and go hang out with friends and family... it's been a LONG 6 weeks that I have been waiting to leave my house.  I mean, imagine being unable to go to the grocery store, get your hair cut, take your kids to the local pool, etc. It's been really hard to not just sneak away and get out of here for an hour or two =(  I want to have a barbeque and some beer at the beach on Carlyle Lake... I want to browse target and buy some clothes... I want to have a reason to put on makeup and fix my hair.  blahhhh.... I'm getting there... I've come along way.  Think positive. Think positive. Think positive.  =) =)  I'll keep researching my marathons and get a year planned out... that'll make me happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment