Friday, July 29, 2011

It's something unpredictable but in the end is right....

My appointment with Dr. Camp on Wednesday went well.... she said that I'm recovering quickly and everything looks good.  I'm very pleased with SIVNA (Southern Illinois Visiting Nurses Association), they've taken great care of me & of the 4 nurses I've met, I have loved them all!  The only bad news I got from Dr. Camp was that I'm not quite ready to start training for the marathons.  She said I should train for at least 6 months for a marathon... so does that mean I need 3 months for a 1/2 marathon? haha I'm so stubborn, I'll be running my first in September or October no matter what. 

The wounds were hypergranulating again, which basically means the interior tissue was healing faster than the skin could cover it and bubbling out of the open part.  Dr. Camp spread silver nitrate over them and as of today, they're looking flat and much better.  There is still a really thick, foul smelling green draining out of all 3 wounds but I'm trying to stay optimistic that the drainage is a good thing and means the infection is getting out. 

I have been walking every day, except Wednesday because they oiled and paved our road.  It feels good to have my muscles ache and the sweat drip off =)  Prior to the surgery I weighed right around 135-140 and right now I am at 142-143.  Doesn't sound bad, but I got 10lbs or more of skin removed... so my weight should realistically be around 125.  The number doesn't matter much to me though, I just don't like feeling chubby.... I want my stomach, legs and arms to be toned and feel tight so that's what I'm going to start working on.  Dr. Camp said to not work the abs yet but I could start strenuous walking, and working my thighs and calves by doing squats or lunges.  The arms I have to be careful with because my chest is still healing from the breast augmentation and I don't want to mess anything up there... basically just working biceps so that my chest isn't used.

Anyway, still changing the dressings twice daily and showering with the glad press 'n seal =/   I guess I'm getting used to this new "normal" of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment