Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 day post op video

Here is the link to my video on youtube:  http://youtu.be/VVTmXNmnXv8  I'll be making more & more videos as time goes by so you can see how the incision heals & scar fades =)

I went in yesterday for my post-op appointment and OMG, nearly passed out!  First off, I took my percocet at 2pm, and am supposed to take it every 4 hours.  My appointment was to be at 5, so I figured I'd be home in time to take it at 6.  Dr. Bradley was with a consult so I didn't even get in his office until about 5:45pm =(  I wasn't upset, I understand a busy doctor, but I was starting to feel the pain.

He first removed the breast bandages and WOW, that was gross lol  I started bleeding from a couple spots where the blood had dried to the gauze and pulled.  It wasn't painful until he started touching around the implant and then ouch!  It felt like he was poking on bad bruises =(  I started feeling faint right away and told him this so he and my husband helped me to lie down on the table with my knees bent.

He then started pulling off the bandages around my waist and I about died.  SO painful and considering all the pain medication had completely worn off at this point, I was beyond terrified.  He got some peroxide out and dabbed at the areas around the incision.  This wasn't painful but very weird because the skin felt rock hard.  I am so swolen so everything looks twisted and bumpy still =(  I know it'll smooth out once the swelling goes down but I wasn't too thrilled with seeing the nightmare sitting across my waist. 

He then touched up the back, reapplied gauze and tape and told me I can shower tomorrow and continue cleaning the wounds twice daily with peroxide.  Not sure how I'm going to handle this because blood really makes me sick but we'll see =) 

I got home, took 2 percocet, ate dinner and crashed.  I slept from 9pm until 6am.  Some much needed sleep!!!  My daughter is coming home in 2 days =) =) =)  I miss her SOOOOO much!  Today's plan is to relax as much as possible and to attempt cleaning these wounds =/  The tightest part of my stomach is right around my belly button (which by the way LOOKS GREAT!).... day 4 of recovery and I'm not quite out of the woods yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment