Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 6 post op

The swelling got SO bad yesterday that I ended up calling Dr. Bradley's office & discussing with Mary Anne (his receptionist) about what I could do.  She explained that Dr. Bradley didn't give me a compression garment because I didn't have the drains and shouldn't need one =/  She did say she'd call him and he'd probably contact me this morning but either way I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon so I'll figure it out then.
I got desperate and put on one of my Spanx body fitters that I used to wear prior to surgery to suck up all that skin of mine =)  I felt GREAT!!!  I think it helped a lot with my back and being able to stand up straight.  After about 2 hours I took it off because I didn't want to do any damage but I'm definitely going to wear it again today because this swelling is EXTREME. I don't eat any high sodium foods and I've been drinking as much water as I can handle but nothing is helping.
Yesterday I was able to handle doing 2 loads of laundry, dishes, cooking, showering and dressing by myself.  I'm starting to get the hang of mobility and feeling much better moving around.  
Best part of today:  ANNA IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!   I miss my baby girl so much!!! I haven't seen her for a whole week =( =( =(  she's my little sugar booger lol  My husband's BFF and his wife have watched her this week and are doing great... but they say she cries a lot when they leave the room or stand to do anything.  She's just scared because she hasn't been with her mommy in so long =(  I can't stop thinking about seeing her face when I first get to see her!  Last night I started crying when talking to Mark about how much I missed her.  It's so sad... she doesn't deserve to be gone from her home... I feel so guilty =/ 

2 comments:

  1. Its so great to see your doing well, I am from CC. Read you journal over there, I am so glad you are doing a blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't believe how easy recovery is... I mean, there is pain but it's manageable with the meds. I'm able to do a lot more than I thought I could at just a week post op =)

    ReplyDelete