Friday, June 10, 2011

4 weeks post op

Yesterday I ended up swelling back up. It's like all the fluid I had leaked out came back and waa-laa, back to hell =(  In the past 4 weeks I have gone through a series of struggles and I feel I should be much further along with my healing:

May 13, 2011 - - - had my surgery

May 21, 2011 - - - first opening on my right side, didn't leak fluid but as of 4 weeks, is still an open sore and doesn't appear to be closing or healing anytime soon

May 22, 2011 - - - spot opens on my incision straight below belly button and leaks black, thick blood

May 26, 2011 - - - another small opening in my incision forms next to the first and is also leaking the thick, black blood.  first anxiety attack, can't sleep through the night and having sharp chest pains

May 27, 2011 - - - hematoma is diagnosed and drained, penrose tube inserted in opening

June 2, 2011 - - - penrose drain taken out

June 5, 2011 - - - beginning of the swelling on the left side of my belly button down to the incision area, about a 4x3in area

June 8, 2011 - - - leak out a large amount of yellowish/orange fluid (through gauze pads, underwear, garment, tank top, and pants

June 10, 2011 - - - large area swollen again and squishy fluid in my stomach (seroma?)---see pics below



this is my view ^^^


2 weeks ago I had an "outty" belly button =/




At least I'm healing nicely in back....   =/ 




The first side picture is at 2 weeks post op, the next one is at 4 weeks post op.  I looked much better 2 weeks ago!  I'll be calling Dr. Bradley's office as soon as they open today to see what should be done... here we go again....

No comments:

Post a Comment