Sunday, June 26, 2011

6 weeks, 2 days post op....

I haven't shared pictures of the breast work because I have family that reads this blog but for those of you who would like to see how the augmentation looks, you can view it here:  http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/breast-augmentation-implants/6-weeks-post-op-p148599

As far as I'm concerned, neither the breast augmentation or the body lift was a successful surgery =(

I am now over 6 weeks post op and more and more anxious about what my results will be.  On Wednesday I experienced cold sweats and then Thursday had increased pain, swelling and redness.  Friday, nurse Beth came out and my temperature was elevated, had yellow drainage and the pain was still increased so she suggested I go in to see Dr. Reed (Dr. Camp is out of town and Dr. Reed is the doctor she practices with).  After speaking with Susan (Dr. Reed's nurse), she decided that I should wait until Monday to come in.  This weekend hasn't been too rough on me, thanks to my #2 mom that took my son for the weekend, SO helpful =) =) =)  I've been worried about him having fun this summer and he got to attend a picnic with a parade and carnival rides and then go out to a creek for some fishing and fun.  I am so happy she offered to take him for the weekend so he could enjoy some time with her, her son Matt & husband Robert. 

I have received SO many cards in the mail from church members of Kathy's (mom #2 lol) and it gives me such an amazing and warm hearted feeling.  I am cared about and prayed for by people I don't even know.  God is working is mysterious ways =)  One gift that came in the mail was a daily scripture book and I really like it... today's scripture really hit home:

"Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what.
Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day.
Nothing takes Me by surprise.
I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me.
I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents.
Collaborating with me brings blessings that far outweigh all your troubles.
Awareness of My Presence contains JOY that can endure all eventualities."

-Jude 24-25; 2 Corinthians 4:16-17-

I have never been one for much spiritual thought; I believe in God and believe in the power of prayer but I'm lazy when it comes to church and spiritual activities.  Having this traumatic event occur to me has caused me to reach out to God in a way I never have before.  When I was being wheeled back to the operating room to remove the pus pocket, I prayed that God keep me alive for my family, so that they did not have to endure the loss... but if it was my time, I prayed for God to keep them strong and guide them through the healing.  It was maybe the first time I've been afraid for my life and really leaned on prayer to get me through my terror.

Since then, I have met so many spiritual people that have prayed or sproken about God to me.  The nurses at the hospital, mom #2, my nurse Beth and my mother have all talked to me about how life will have obstacles that you can't handle alone and sometimes God is the one you have to lean on.  I have been surprised that so many people around me talk openly about their spiritual beliefs and feel comfortable to pray out loud with me.  Truly an amazing feeling and such a strong sign that I need to get closer to God and start teaching the kids. 

I am blessed to be alive and to have such a strong support system =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment