Saturday, June 18, 2011

To my supporters

For all of you that have written me here or privately messaged me, I want to send out a huge THANK YOU.  The support is appreciated!!!  Amy, your words are kind and help me to understand that people go through this, they bounce back and I will be ok =)  thank you and God bless you!  I pray that your healing is pain free and quick!!  To CCF- I am glad that I was able to give you insight about your upcoming procedure and I pray that everything goes well for you.  Please keep in mind that millions of people have tummy tucks each year and nothing goes wrong and their healing is fast and painless.  I, however, was given a different route and led to educate and inspire others that may go through trauma. 

Kathy, you know you've been my rock since the decision was made to have surgery.  You've been here to support me, show me kindness and love, and I appreciate your calls, texts, messages and notes.  I love you.  Your church family is amazing and I can see why you are a part of them.  Their cards and messages were so kind and personal, I felt like they knew me.  The prayers are working and I am healing quickly with minimal pain.

Mom, you've really come through for me on this... I know it's been a long rocky road for us but through it all, I love you with all of my heart and I feel the love is returned.  You have showed up every day, given me words of encouragement, helped me to stay strong and focused.  Without your company and help, I would have been a wreck.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all that you have done.

To my friends & family, thank you for the calls and texts. Rachel came by the hospital and picked up Mark a cheesecake (his favorite) for his birthday... Mark always used to say, "it's not a birthday without a cake." I can't tell her enough how much this meant!  Even though we were celebrating in the hospital, he got to have his cake and was overjoyed =) 

This journey I'm on, though it seems never-ending, has been educational, terrifying, and traumatic.  I feared for my life.  I feared my kids would be without a mother.  But ya know what, I made a promise to myself about a year and a half ago that I wouldn't spend my life in a negative way. I wouldn't allow myself to feel anger, jealousy, regret, hate, etc. I had gone through so much negativity growing up and I was just done with it.  Through all of this, I was so angry I couldn't even think straight but today I remembered that promise... so from this point on, I'm done feeling sorry for myself, I'm done being angry that this happened and I'm done regretting.  I will live and think of all of my blessings!  I have an amazing husband, two beautiful, intelligent, healthy children and I'm alive to enjoy it.  That's enough for me =)

PS- if anyone has a problem messaging me on here, please feel free to email me at ginger.kabureck@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Even though we don't know each other, I feel like we are old friends. Your posts inspire me and will touch so many people. You keep enjoying life with what sounds like a beautiful family. Every day will be better and soon you will be rockin' a bikini. Much love to you,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing my sweet daughter in law. You inspire me. You have courage, strength, love , compassion and energy. You are a great mom and a great wife. I love you as my own daughter.

    You will inspire so many. You will touch so many and you will come out stronger and wiser after this.

    I am so blessed for my church family and look forward to the day you and Mark can come and share the Word preached by my pastor and have fellowship with some of the kind wonderful people that I have been blessed with meeting. There is not a day goes by they are not asking how you are doing. The Lord works in so many wonderful different ways Ginger.

    Im so glad u see your blessings. I look forward to your story maybe saving someone or being their rock during such a difficult time. I know so much more is to come out of this and I will keep on praying and the Lord is going to keep on working!

    I cant wait to see u again and your smiling face with your shining eyes. Remember..I always have said that :)

    And Matthew has made u a card and says my sweetheart Ginger needs to get better mommy :) Shes my GInger mom :)

    I love you Ginger !
    God bless you and your family!

    Kathy aka... your second mom :)

    ReplyDelete