Thursday, June 9, 2011

another stepping stone

Wednesday night I couldn't sleep at all again =/  getting so tired of this.... I just want to feel normal!  I think what initially got me upset was I had started swelling really bad and was terrified I'd have to get another drain put in.  Last night I went to bed praying for the best and I woke up soaked in a yellow-orange drainage mess.  During the night (one in which I actually slept), I must have drained out all the excess fluid from the same spot the penrose drain had been placed.  I cleaned up and put another gauze pad on.  Have felt 100% today, with no nausea, tiredness or feelings of anxiety =)  The drainage has stopped and my stomach is no longer hurting at the incision site.  I will give Dr. Bradley's office a call even though I'm pretty sure this is normal and just took a little longer to come out.  I don't think there is an infection because I have no fever and haven't had one in the last week, there is no odor, no green color, no hard or thick spots, and no pain anymore.  Lucky me =)  I did my research on what to expect with tummy tuck/body lift surgery and nothing could have prepared me for all of this. Dr. Bradley said that where the penrose drain was would dry up and quit draining after 3-4 days and now it has been a full week and I'm having more drain than ever!  I'm 4 weeks post op as of tomorrow and have really been through a lot and getting pretty exhausted with it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment