Thursday, June 16, 2011

home sweet home =/

Last night I got home and it was so sad... Anna kept staring at me like I was a big chocolate brownie- she wanted me but I couldn't hold her =(  My son came running up and kissed me like 10 times and hugged me and kept saying "I'm so excited!!!" over and over. He asked me about my "purse" or better known as a wound vac and I explained that mommy's old boo-boo had to get opened up because it had bad germs and now it's a bigger boo-boo and this machine takes all the germs out for mommy.  He looked at it a second and then said, "I really like your machine!" LOL  he's such a riot. I'm so happy to be back with my babies!!!

Today they're at great grandma Kabureck's.... she's 73 and having to watch both kids =/  we don't have anyone else that can watch them during the day though.  Anna is going to be so much on her because she gets around really well now.  I hate being a burden on people =(

I took the time to call Dr. Bradley's office (note: they haven't called me!) and Mary Ann told me to come in at 1:00 p.m.  haha I said, "um, I'm home bound and am not allowed to leave for 3-4 weeks."  She said Dr. Bradley will have to call me. No "how are you?" No "is everything ok?"  No empathy whatsoever!  I'm getting a little frustrated with their office and when I say a little I mean A LOT!  If I were a doctor and my patient ended up in the emergency room and then had to have an operation, I'd be calling them and making sure they were ok! Ugh I could have died. As my mom always says, you can't legislate love. Well, I can't legislate decency, professionalism or integrity...

Need to focus on future, not past. I'm trying to not think of all the "what-if's" but the "what-can's"... what can I do to kill 3 weeks of free time?! this is just insane. 

3 comments:

  1. I found you through makemeheal.com. Your posts are so inspiring. My heart breaks for you, but I am so glad you have you mom and some great nurses looking after you. People like me are with you in spirit and cheering for you.

    TT and Arm Lift = May 2011
    BA/BL and Thigh Lift = June 2011
    Lipo with both procedures, lost 100 plus pounds myself just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger,
    I concur! I am having surgery on July 6th and am really nervous. I had all these "worst case scenarios" in my head. I'm getting a mini tt and a breast lift and augmentation. I keep thinking these nutty things like if I sneeze I will impail myself, lol or I'll stand up and my guts will fall out. I know it's irrational, but fears often are. It has been so incredibly helpful to me for you to share your experiences with this. I hope it helps in some sense that you are helping other people by telling your story. Some of the things you have listed as triggers I would not have thought about. For you to post all of this to include the pictures has just been awesome. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, not cool of your original PS to not call or seem to care about you. Obviously more concerned about his wallet than his patients. I mean really how hard would it have been for him to even send you a card

    ReplyDelete