Wednesday, June 15, 2011

everything has changed...

life is so stressful... my bath today was just pathetic.  I had to wipe down with medical shower wipes and wash my hair with a shower cap filled with shampoo and conditioner in it.  The nurses here feel so sorry for me because I'm a crying mess and they helped me braid my hair =/  Thank God my mom was here to help me "bathe" otherwise I don't know if I would have gotten a "shower" haha!  I keep trying to think positive... like it could be worse, right?! But I'm still just beside myself.  How does this happen?!  I'm in so much pain and constantly uncomfortable... ugh... My face is breaking out with acne, either the stress or the fact that I haven't had a real shower in a week.  And before that, I had the whole penrose drain so I didn't get real showers then, either.  It's been so long since I could function like a regular person.

Now I am getting hooked up to a wound vac machine that will be attached to me 24/7 for the next 3-4 weeks.  It's loud so I'm going to have trouble sleeping and my birthday (June 29) and the kids' birthdays are pretty much ruined (July 4 & July 6).  I'm so sad.... the kids will be staying at great grandma Kabureck's during the week when Mark is at work and he'll have to pick them up on his way home.  I'm going to miss out on a lot of time with them- maybe miss Anna's first steps =( 

I'll be doing my follow up care with Dr. Camp (the doctor that removed the pus pocket) because she's covered by my insurance and she's the one who did the surgery.  Dr. Bradley's office hasn't even called to see if I was okay =(  I called them to give them an update on how I was doing and Dr. Bradley was quick to get off the phone, saying he was headed into surgery and had to go but that he would take care of me and talk to me later... nice. I could have used some sympathy haha 

More pictures from my stay at the hospital...

how I get to wash my hair =/

this is my mom helping me "wash"my back.... I don't know how I'll do it without help =(





this picture shows the wound vac set up.  There are white sponges under the black that help to keep the form of the skin. The nurse comes out Friday to change the dressings and the wound vac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment